March marks the beginning of National Nutrition Month, an education and nutrition campaign sponsored by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. As we continue on through the month, we want to make sure we maintain a strong emphasis on the importance of nutrition! This is the a wonderful reminder to rethink what we’re putting on our plates and to try new ways to incorporate fruits and vegetables into our daily diets. Here are 5 ways to eat more fruits and veggies with some of our favorite peach recipes!
- Include fruits AND veggies with breakfast! Boost your morning routine by adding a handful of spinach to your morning Peach Wellness Smoothie!
- Pick a new recipe you’ve never tried before. Check out our FREE online e-cookbook – “Nutrition Starts with a Well-Stocked Pantry” for a variety of new recipes to try. This cookbook was designed to utilize pantry-staple items in healthy and delicious recipes! Download it for free today.
- Swap it out! Peach puree is the perfect substitute for oil, butter, eggs and much more. View our “Peach Puree Swap” to learn how to switch out items in your baked goods for nutritious peach puree!
- Add zip to store-bought salsa. Adding diced canned peaches to store-bought salsa is a great way to sneak in an added serving of fruit! Serve salsa on top of chicken, fish or a leafy greens for a bright and well-ballanced meal.
- Dessert time! Adding fruit to your dessert allows you to still enjoy a sweet treat, but not go overboard! Check out our dessert section for a handful of ideas. Our favorites are Peachsicles, Simple Peach Sorbet and Peach and Dried Cherry Bread Pudding.
For more information, or two view the National Nutrition Month health tool kit, please visit EatRight.org.