Gluten-free, oil-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, these are a perfect take-along snack or dessert for those with diet restrictions! Note, these are not nut-free.
2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
2 tbsp chopped almonds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp maple syrup
3/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chopped dates
1 can (14oz) California Cling sliced peaches, drained and patted dry, diced into 1/2-inch (4 cm) chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine oats, almonds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. In a small bowl, stir together maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla, dates and peaches.
3. Gradually mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients, until combined (mixture will be very thick).
4. Line a 8 x 8-inch (20 cm) baking pan with parchment paper*. Place mixture into pan and press down firmly with the back of a spoon to spread into corners and level top. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
5. Remove pan from oven and allow bars to cool to room temperature about 30 minutes.
6. Loosen bars and turn slab out onto a cutting board. Cut into 8 bars (2-inch x 4-inch) (5cm x 10cm), and wrap individually.
Leftovers may be kept refrigerated in a re-sealable container for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for 1 month.
Makes 8 bars.
*note: leave some parchment paper overhanging the sides of the pan to use as ‘handles’ when removing the bars from the pan later.